Every year I wait in anticipation for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival to begin its festivities of food, wine, and drinks. Let’s not confuse this with “Drinking Around the World”, a right of passage for any Floridian. More on this later. No, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is, as you’d imagine, a yearly event held at Disney’s Epcot features food from chefs from around the world served at different kiosks throughout the park. The festival also includes activities (reservations only) such as tastings and food demos from top restaurants around the park and worldwide brands of spirits and liquor.
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Taste of Scandinavia (Cured Salmon, Herring, and Shrimp Salad), Swedish Meatballs with Lingon Berries
- German Beir Flight which included the Radeberger Pilsner, Schofferhofer Weizen, Hovels, Schlosser Alt, Altenmunster Octoberfest, Altenmunster Dunkel, Altenmunster Marzen, Clausthaler Classic
- Mohua Wine Tasting
- Craft Beer Brewing section which housed 8 craft beers
- Greek Griddled Grilled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey
- Italian Ravioli Di Formaggia all Emiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Beef Bolognese Sauce)
- Mexican Passion Fruit Margarita
- Singapore Sling (this cocktail will mess you up something fierce)
There are many reasons why this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival was a hit, but these items were the true standouts. I can only hope for more excellent tasting in 2012.